From the City of Grand Haven:
“We have received an update from the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) regarding the schedule and plans for the culvert replacement on US-31/Van Wagoner. Lane closures will be in effect throughout the project.
Southbound US-31 is scheduled to be closed between Van Wagoner Street and Ridge Avenue from September 13-29, while northbound US-31 is expected to be closed from September 16-29. Through traffic will be directed to I-96, M-231 and M-45 (Lake Michigan Drive). Local traffic will exit at Van Wagoner Street and take 174th Avenue, 3rd Street, and Pine Street back to US-31. Detour maps are attached.
Here’s a brief rundown of the schedule –
• Single lane closures on NB and SB to begin Mid-August.
• SB Closure is scheduled from Sept. 13-29.
• NB Closure is scheduled from Sept. 16 – 29.
• Single lane closure resumes after full closure to complete the remaining work.
• Anticipated completion of early November.”