Holy Week: Spiritual Truths That Require Deep Reflection
As we journey through holy week, especially the Triduum, I would like to share five spiritual truths that will hopefully help us as we try to come to terms with, and accept our current situation. These are hard statements that might at first sound down and depressing but let us contemplate them in relation to the scriptural consolations that are offered to us in our faith. Spiritual masters and teachers have come to acceptance of such truths and share them with us, if only to open our eyes and our hearts.
- It is true that life is hard, and yet my yolk is easy and my burden is light (Matthew 11:28).
- It is true that you are not important. And yet do you not know that your name is written in heaven? (Luke 10:20).
- It is true that your life is not about you, and yet I live now not my own life, but the life of Christ who lives in me (Galatians 2:20).
- It is true that you are not in control, and yet can any of you, for all your worrying, add a single moment to your span of life? (Luke 12:26)
- It is true that you are going to die, and yet neither death nor life… can ever come between us and the love of God (Romans 8:38-39).